First-Year Graduate Student Membership
Special Invitation for First-Year Graduate Students - Join the AHA for as little as $15!
The American Historical Association is the largest professional organization of historians, providing leadership, advocacy, and community-building for scholars and practitioners in all fields and places of work. As you embark on your graduate study, the AHA invites you to join our community of emerging and established historians.
Become an AHA member for just $15. Use the promo code GRAD16 and select the electronic-only American Historical Review. Learn more about the AHA and join today!
What is the AHA doing for graduate students?
The AHA frequently uses its national reputation and the collective voice of thousands of members to address issues that affect graduate students, such as federal funding for language and international study or the right to embargo dissertations. The AHA Council will also soon welcome a graduate student member.
Career Diversity for Historians is the AHA’s initiative to prepare history PhD students for a full range of professional options, both within and beyond the academy. You’ll find resources to broaden your skills and apply your training as a historian to a variety of careers.
Find Resources for Graduate Students covering all aspects of completing your degree and conducting your job search.
The searchable Dissertation Directory contains more than 53,000 dissertations that have been completed or are currently in progress in the United States and Canada since 1873. Use this database to find other dissertations on your topic of interest.
Keep all of the AHA’s resources at your fingertips with the AHA Guide to Graduate Study in History, updated for 2016.
The benefits of AHA membership include:
- A subscription (print and/or digital) to the American Historical Review, the most respected journal in the discipline, with articles from every field of study
- A print subscription to Perspectives on History, our newsmagazine featuring commentary and insights on teaching, public engagement, research, professional concerns, and more
- NEW! Exclusive hotel savings from HotelStorm.com
- NEW! 25% off a Yearly Combo Premium Package from Wix.com, the leading cloud-based web development platform that makes it simple to create a beautiful, professional, and functional web presence.
- A free subscription to Interfolio Dossier service, the easiest way to apply for academic jobs, as well as grants and fellowships. Your subscription fee is waived each year you’re an AHA member.
- And much more!