Alumni Survey, Augsburg College
Institution: Augsburg College
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Tuner: Michael Lansing
The Department of History at Augsburg College is currently engaged in an examination of our undergraduate curriculum. To that end, we are soliciting the views and perspectives of department alumni in order to better serve our current and future students. The results will be used to improve the quality of our classes and to better understand what our graduates need in the years after college. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey below.
1) What year did you complete your history major at Augsburg?
2) What is your highest level of education?
3) Are you currently employed?
4) If so, which of the following categories best describes your current occupation (pick one):
- Private for-profit business or corporation
- U.S. Military
- Federal Government
- State or Local Government
- K-12 Education (Public or Private)
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Public History/Museums
- Medicine/Public Health
- Higher Education (Public or Private)
- Other (Please specify)
5) What is your job title?
6) Who is your employer?
7) How well did your history major prepare you for your career?
- More than Adequately
- Less than Adequately
- Not applicable
8) Overall, how satisfied are you with the course of your career so far?
- Very satisfied
- Very dissatisfied
- Not applicable
9) Based on what you know now, how well do you think your history major prepared you to:
- Write effectively
- Communicate well orally
- Think analytically and logically
- Formulate creative and original ideas and solutions
- Acquire new skills and knowledge on your own
- Understand social problems
- Be an effective leader
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Be self-confident
- Be an active member of your community
- Relate well to people of different races, nations, and religions
10) We are anxious to share the great things our alumni are doing with current and prospective history department majors. Would you be willing to be featured on Augsburg's history department website? If so, please include your name and contact information below.