The AHA Pressroom offers the latest press releases, media kits, multimedia and other resources for journalists and media.
Press Policy - Press Policy for the AHA Annual Meeting
Academic Job Market
Job Listings Fall 7.3% for History Ph.D.'s, Association Reports, Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Ph.D.'s Guide to a Nonfaculty Job Search, Chronicle of Higher Education.
American Historical Review
Historians Grapple with How to Get to the 'Malleable Ph.D.', Chronicle of Higher Education.
Academic Job Market
Scholarly Groups Chip Away at Taboo of Nonacademic Careers, Chronicle of Higher Education.
A Move to Bring Staff Scholars Out of the Shadows, Chronicle of Higher Education.
$1.6 Million Grant Will Better Prepare History Ph.D.'s for Range of Careers, Chronicle of Higher Education.
Association Aims to Widen the Playing Field for History Ph.D.s, Associations Now.
Open-Access Movement Makes Inroads Beyond Science, Chronicle of Higher Education.
Historical Association Promotes Policy to Protect Ph.D.'s, Associations Now.
Embargoes Can Go Only So Far to Help New Ph.D.'s Get Published, Experts Say, Chronicle of Higher Education.
Harvard Criticizes Historians' Statement on Dissertation Embargoes, Inside Higher Ed.
American Historical Review
The Part-Time Ph.D. Student, Chronicle of Higher Education.
Humanities and or Social Sciences Making the Case for Liberal Arts, Inside Higher Ed.
Humanities Scholars Grapple With Their Pitch to the Public, Chronicle of Higher Education.
Teaching Educators Point to a 'Crisis of Mediocre Teaching', Chronicle of Higher Education.
11 Problems Created by the Standardized Testing Obsession, Washington Post.
June 22, 2010
- Historical Associations Issue Recommendations About Rewarding Public History Work for Promotion and Tenure
May 18, 2010
- American Historical Association Calls on the Texas State Board of Education to Reconsider Amendments to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Social Studies
March 18, 2010
June 17 , 2009
- Letter to Russian Federation president Dmitrii Medvedev concerning the Commission to Counteract Attempts at Falsifying History to Damage the Interests of Russia
January 18 , 2008
- Letter to Russian Federation president Dmitrii Medvedev about the Russian human rights organization Memorial
January 5, 2009
- Council of the American Historical Association adopts resolution on the 2010 annual meeting in San Diego
February 4, 2008
January 14, 2008
- American Historical Association and the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University Announce New Prize
December 27, 2007
June 18, 2007
- Chicago Journals partners with American Historical Association to publish American Historical Review
Joint Press Release with The University of Chicago Press
June 4, 2007
- AHA Council Endorses the National Council for History Education's Statement on Teacher Qualifications
- AHA Supports the the Middle East Studies Association's Protest of the Detention of Scholars in Iran
March 19, 2007
January 12, 2007
January 10, 2007
May 10, 2006
- AHA Questions Smithsonian Secretary's Recent Letter
April 19, 2006
- American Historical Association Voices Concern Over Deal Between Smithsonian and Showtime
February 16, 2006
- American Historical Association Expresses Concern About Denial of Visa to Georgetown University PhD from Bolivia
January 13, 2006
- American Historical Association adopts Resolution Opposing Academic and Student Bills of Rights and Similar Regulations of the Academic Community
- American Historical Association adopts Resolution on the United States Government's Abusive Policies Toward Foreign Prisoners
Oral History and Institutional Review Boards
June 8, 2004-AHA Council Reaffirms Policy Statement on Oral History and Institutional Review Boards
Related Items:Letter of concurrence from Michael A. Carome, Associate Director, Office for Human Research Protections
Frequently Asked Questions on Policy Statement and
"Historians and Institutional Review Boards: A Brief Bibliography"
by Linda Shopes (Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission) and Donald Ritchie (U.S. Senate Historical Office), former members of Council.
AHA and Issues of Professional Misconduct
January 28, 2005-AHA's governing Council endorses Revised Statement on Standards of Professional Conduct.May 5, 2003-AHA Council Statement on Changes in Efforts Relating to Professional Misconduct
Employment of Part-time and Adjunct Faculty
May 5, 2003-AHA Council Endorses Standards for the Use of Part-time and Adjunct Faculty
Related Items:Information on the Academic Job Market for HistoriansWho Is Teaching In U.S. College Classrooms? A Collaborative Study of Undergraduate Faculty, Fall 1999 (Coalition on the Academic Workforce)
Press Policy for the AHA Annual Meeting
Our annual meeting press policy covers important information regarding press credentials, our policy for filming or recording sessions, permissions to record sessions, and sound and electric during the meeting.