Is Your Health the Nation's Business?
By Dr. Dean and Mrs. Clark
Medical Director, Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York
(Published January 1946)
- Modern medicine comes high
- Health, wealth, and geography
- Health services are unorganized
- What’s to be done?
- Hands of Government!
- Voluntary insurance
- Government aid for special programs
- A nation-wide health program
- Why national?
- Distribution of costs
- Facilities and personnel
- Organization of services
- Group practice
- A network of hospitals
- Incomes of physicians
- Research and education
- The OSRD report
- The First Wagner-Murray-Dingell Bill
- Reaction to the bill
- The new Wagner-Murray-Dingell bills
- Summary of opinion
- The Hill-Burton Hospital Construction Bill
- How can you plan a discussion meeting?
- What kind of discussion works best?
- Can discussion handbooks be helpful?
- Questions for discussion