Prizes and Awards for 2005 Announced
The American Historical Association is pleased to announce the following awards, honors, and prizes, which will be presented at the General Meeting to be held on Friday, January 6, 2006, during the 120th Annual Meeting
- Lawrence W. Levine of the University of California at Berkeley
- Nancy G. Siraisi of Hunter College, CUNY
- David Underdown of Yale University
- Stanley N. Katz of Princeton University
- Eileen Scully of Bennington College
- The American History Team (Laurie Fischer, Ronald C. Maggiano, Margaret Mey, Tamara Ogden, and James Percoco ) of West Springfield High School, Springfield, Virginia
- Mark C. Carnes, the Ann Whitney Olin Professor of History at Barnard College, for his article, "Inciting Speech," in Change, March/April 2005
- John F. Howes of the University of British Columbia, emeritus
- Mary Logan Rothschild of Arizona State University
- Nikolai Nikolaevich Bolkhovitinov of the Institute of World History, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Steven Spielberg, founding chairman, Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation
Note: The 18 book prizes and one film prize will be announced in the December issue of Perspectives.
Tags: Annual Meeting
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.