The American Historical Association invites applications for editorial assistant in the Publications Department. This role involves working on all aspects of the AHA’s print and online publications. Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative support for staff working on AHA publications, including pamphlets, directories, Perspectives on History, AHA Today, social media, and the website.
- Tracking and maintaining records of publications in process and logging submissions to Perspectives.
- Providing administrative support for the director of scholarly communication and digital initiatives, including organizing meetings, taking minutes, working with committees, completing production tasks, helping with grant proposals, assisting with new digital projects, and other tasks as necessary.
- Conducting picture research, fact-checking, and light image editing for Perspectives and online publications.
- Review and contribute content published in the AHA’s online publications.
- Participating in Perspectives editorial meetings.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes competitive medical and life insurance and a qualified pension plan.
A complete job description, required qualifications, and information on how to apply can be found on Interfolio. Please e-mail the AHA if you have any queries about the position or application process. Applications are due by April 13, 2015. EOE.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.