Germany Schaefer and the Perfect Shot in an Unusually “Meta” Flashback Friday
Each week we scour the web for interesting and historic documents that catch our eye. This week we stumbled across this photograph of baseball player Herman A. “Germany” Schaefer (1876-1919) trying out this camera, a 5×7 Press Graflex by Eastman Kodak, in April 1911.
- Title: Germany Schaefer, Washington AL (baseball)
- Date Created/Published: 1911 by Bain News Service
- Format: Glass negative
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ggbain-09131
- Call Number: LC-B2- 2189-6
- Repository: Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division
- Stable URL: http://loc.gov/pictures/resource/ggbain.09131/
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.