Saturday Overview – 127th Annual Meeting
Attend the AHA Business Meeting today from 4:45–6:00 p.m. in the La Galerie 6 (New Orleans Marriott) at the 127th annual meeting to hear reports from members of the AHA’s Council, divisions, and committees.
Read on for more about today’s sessions, films, and receptions at the 127th annual meeting.
- Registration, New Orleans Marriott’s Mardi Gras Ballroom, 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m., (today is the last day registration will be open)
- Job Center, Sheraton New Orleans Napoleon Ballroom, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Exhibit Hall, Marriott’s Grand Ballroom, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Messaging and Internet Center, Napoleon Ballroom, Salon A (Sheraton New Orleans), 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Quiet Rooms, Maurepas Room (Sheraton New Orleans), 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Below are just a few of the sessions taking place today.
- Exploring a Range of Careers outside the Academy
Rhythms Ballroom 1 (Sheraton New Orleans)
The Professional Division is pleased to sponsor this panel as part of the “mini-conference” on alternative careers for history PhDs, to be held as part of the Annual Meeting in New Orleans. This session features history PhDs who have gone on to careers (other than administration) outside the academy.
- Historians, Journalists, and the Challenges of Getting It Right: The Special Challenges of Biography
11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.,
Preservation Hall, Studio 4 (New Orleans Marriott)
- Poster Session, Part 1
11:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
La Galerie 3 (New Orleans Marriott)
This poster session provides a venue for the newest developing historical research. Though relatively new to the humanities, poster sessions have long been utilized at professional meetings in scientific fields. On sessions with several panel participants, audience interaction is limited to brief discussion periods—usually only a few people are able to ask questions and each presenter may not have time to discuss their research fully. The poster session addresses this common problem, allowing for considered dialogue and engaging interaction.
- A Conversation with John Sayles
Rhythms Ballroom (Sheraton New Orleans)
- Graduate and Early Career Committee Open Forum
La Galerie 1 (New Orleans Marriott)
The AHA Graduate and Early Career Committee invites graduate students and early-career professionals to a forum to discuss issues of common interest.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Tags: AHA Today 2013 Annual Meeting
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.