Grant of the Week: Fulbright US Scholar Program
Every week, AHA Today showcases a new grant, fellowship, or scholarship of interest to historians that has been posted to our free Calendar. We look for grants of potential interest to a wide range of scholars, and this week we are featuring opportunities with the Fulbright US Scholar Program.
The Fulbright US Scholar Program is pleased to offer awards in history for teaching and research for the 2016 – 2017 academic year. Opportunities are available in a number of countries including, but not limited to, the awards listed below:
- Canada: Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award in Northern Issues
- Chile: Social Sciences, Humanities, and Education
- China: China Studies Postdoctoral Scholar Award
- Czech Republic: Fulbright-Palacky University Distinguished Chair
- Hungary: Austrian-Hungarian Joint Research Award
For scholars who specialize in US history or American studies, the Fulbright Scholar Program offers over 60 awards in the field of American history, including but not limited to:
- Jordan: Study of the United States
- Madagascar: all disciplines
- Mexico: US Studies
- Norway: Roving Scholar in American Studies
For more awards in the field of history, please visit our catalog of awards. For eligibility factors, detailed application guidelines and review criteria, check out our website. You may also wish to register for one of our webinars or join our online community, My Fulbright, a resource center for applicants interested in the program.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the current competition will close on August 3, 2015.
The AHA offers a free Calendar advertising awards, meetings, and exhibits. Submit your own announcements to our Calendar.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.