Grant of the Week: Linda Hall Library Virtual Fellowships
Every week, Perspectives Daily showcases a new grant, fellowship, or scholarship that has been posted to our free community calendar. This week we are featuring the Linda Hall Library Virtual Fellowships.
The Linda Hall Library invites doctoral students and scholars of exceptional promise to apply for its 2021-22 fellowships in the history of science and related areas of science and technology studies. The Library offers researchers a setting that allows for deep immersion in its outstanding collections and a rich intellectual community of in-house experts, fellows, and scholars from nearby Kansas City institutions.
Due to the public health risks associated with the coronavirus pandemic, all Linda Hall Library fellowships during the 2021-22 academic year will be virtual. Instead of traveling to Kansas City, virtual fellows will conduct research from off-site using digitized resources in the Library's collections. These virtual fellowships reflect the Library's ongoing efforts to expand the accessibility of its holdings while protecting the safety of both patrons and staff. They also reaffirm the Library's unwavering commitment to support advanced scholarship exploring science, technology, engineering, and their histories.
Although they will be working off-site, virtual fellows will be active members of Library's social and intellectual community. Each fellow will receive:
- A virtual introduction to the Library's collections
- Personalized research assistance from members of the Library's reference staff
- The ability to request complimentary scans of Linda Hall Library resources in accordance with the Library's digitization policies
- Opportunities to participate in the Library's in-house works-in-progress seminar, as well as working groups organized by the Consortium for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Chances to share their projects with new audiences in Kansas City and around the world through the Library's public lecture series, Hedgehog newsletter, or other online platforms
- Invitations to Library programs and social events including coffee breaks, brown bag lunches, happy hours, etc.
The Linda Hall Library offers virtual fellowships lasting between one and four months to doctoral students, postdoctoral scholars, and other researchers whose work would benefit from the Library's collections. Fellowship funding is offered at a rate of $3,000 per month for doctoral students and $4,200 per month for postdoctoral researchers.
End: January 15, 2021
More Info: https://www.lindahall.org/fellowships
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Attribution must provide author name, article title, Perspectives on History, date of publication, and a link to this page. This license applies only to the article, not to text or images used here by permission.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.