Volume 47, Number 8
Contents of the online edition
Editor: Pillarisetti Sudhir
Associate Editor: David Darlington
- Is There a Future for Journals in the Humanities? Findings from a New Report
By Robert B. Townsend
- AHA’s Two-Year College Task Force Begins Work
- The AHA Establishes Two Equity Awards
- AHA Launches Drive to Endow New Prize for South Asian History
The 124th Annual Meeting
- Highlights of the 124th Annual Meeting
By Sharon K. Tune
- Have You Made Your Arrangements for the 124th Annual Meeting?
- Sessions of Interest to K–12 Teachers
- Guess Who's Coming to the AHA Film Festival?
By Robert A. Rosentsone
- Awards and Honors to Be Conferred at the 124th Annual Meeting
- Presidential Sessions at the 124th Annual Meeting
By Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- A Native’s Guide to San Diego for Kids (and Kids of All Ages)
- HistoriansTV at the 124th Annual Meeting
- The Historic Gaslamp Quarter and Stingaree
By John C. Putman
- Registration Form
- Hotel & Rate Information and Map
The Coalition Column
- Preserving History on the Web: How Does the Library of Congress Help?
By Deanna B. Marcum
- Why Teach about Federal Finances in Modern U.S. History Courses?
By Andrew Yarrow
- Should Class Participation Be Graded?
By Bonnie M. Miller
- Advanced History Seminar
- It’s Elementary: Focusing on History Teaching, K–5
By Elise Fillpot
Masters at the Movies
- Take 12: Marilyn Young on The Hurt Locker
By Robert Brent Toplin
- The Hurt Locker: War as a Video Game
By Marilyn B. Young
- The Peace History Society
By Virginia S. Williams
National History Center
2011 Annual Meeting
- Call for Proposals: 125th Annual Meeting of the AHA
By Michael H. Fisher and Barbara H. Rosenwein
This image on the cover, “Guess I’ll Keep ‘Em” is originally from Leslie’s Illustrated Weekly, June 9, 1898 and is featured in the film Manifest Destiny: To Conquer or Redeem, part one of a documentary series from JAK Films Inc., the production department of Lucasfilm. .