The American Historical Association is seeking a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant provides support for the program and executive staff at the Association’s headquarters office, including assistance with projects, prizes and fellowships, committees, and ongoing operational work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support for the executive director
- Provide administrative support for AHA council and committees, including preparation of meeting
agendas and materials, research (online and at the Library of Congress), and follow-up reports
- Provide administrative support for the Association’s annual prize and fellowship competitions
- Assist with meeting and event planning for special projects, correspondence and group communications,
online research (including history content, market research, and product pricing), updating online
content, and reimbursement processing and tracking
- Serve as backup for administrative office assistant when needed, including answering the telephone
during office hours and sorting and distributing incoming Association mail
- Attend the AHA annual meeting and perform logistical and customer service tasks as requested. (Travel
will be required)
- Keep AHA contract files up-to-date and organized, both hardcopy and digital
- Recruit for and edit the weekly AHA Member Spotlight feature for the AHA Today blog
For additional details on the position, and how to submit an application, see the complete description of the position.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.