Hiring: AHA Director of Scholarly Communication and Digital Initiatives
The American Historical Association is seeking a Director of Scholarly Communication and Digital Initiatives. The Director of Scholarly Communication and Digital Initiatives will oversee the AHA’s communications with members and other constituencies. This includes print and digital publishing, web design, information management, and membership – all part of a strategy to enable the American Historical Association’s programs and activities to take maximum advantage of the new digital environments in which historians work. The AHA seeks a scholar with the skills and vision to help lead the development of the AHA as the nation’s most important hub for the work of professional historians in the 21st century.
Key responsibilities include:
- Play leadership role for team developing new research, communication, networking, job market, and other professional tools for historians via a full-service AHA digital environment
- Oversee all communication relating to AHA membership activities, and AHA digital and print publications (not including American Historical Review)
- Supervise (directly or indirectly) seven staff members
- Serve as liaison to the business operations of the American Historical Review
- Oversee AHA relationships with publishers
- Provide expertise on issues relating to scholarly publishing
- Coordinate the efforts of the AHA’s governing Council and standing committees, including working
with the Executive Director to organize Council activities
- Oversee all information technology purchases, maintenance, and staffing/consultant support
- Represent the Association in meetings and activities relevant to areas of responsibility
For additional details on the position, and how to submit an application, see the complete description of the position.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.