Calling All Historians-Open Casting Call for History Based Reality TV Show
Do you have what it takes to be a reality TV star? I recently received an open casting call for a “history based reality TV show” that will be filmed in the DC Metro area, and thought our readers might be up for a little fun in the lime light. The details, supplied from the online casting call, are below:
Thursday, March 28, 2013 (All day) to Friday, April 26, 2013 (All day)
Are you a curious person, and obsessed with history? Can you recite facts inside and out, and name-drop (and even date-drop) with the best of them? Do your friends at trivia night, dare we say it, label you as the history buff? Maybe you’re not a full-blown “buff” but if you like history and get psyched at the idea of even visiting a museum, or actually read those placards on your tour, then we want to meet you…virtually for now though.
Send us a video (YouTube, Vimeo, iPhone…whatever! Just send it to us) of you around your house, your office, your family, your town. Let us know what makes you interesting, and why your brains (and mug) should be featured on a history based reality TV show for all to see. On that note, email a photo too, and everyone of all ages is welcome to apply.
Who are we? Well, we’re a hip DC based production company casting for this super fun show, which will broadcast on a cable TV network. We’ll be filming all around the DC Metro area in the months to come and we’re in need of top-notch talent like you. Trust us, it’s going to be an adventure and you won’t want to miss out.
In your video, please answer the following in the most clever way possible, and email the final piece to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What’s your favorite topic in American history, and why?
- What’s your favorite thing (hobby, sport, activity, etc.) to do and why?
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that most people don’t know?
- If you could meet one person (living or dead), who would it be and why?
- Consider this a first date of sorts, and if we like you, we’ll be in touch. If not, there’s someone out there for you. Please be smart, funny and creative. Thanks and good luck.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.