Grant of the Week: Rose Library Research Fellowships
Every week, Perspectives Daily showcases a new grant, fellowship, or scholarship that has been posted to our free community calendar. This week we are featuring Emory University’s Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, & Rare Books Library's Research Fellowships.
The Rose Library at Emory University offers a variety of programs to support the use of its research collections. From short-term fellowships to awards for the best use of primary sources, the Rose Library encourages the Emory University and broader research communities to engage with the rich materials found in our holdings.
There are fellowships available in 13 subject-specific areas, as well as five strategic areas. Areas of research include English-language literature and poetry, the Raymond Danowski Poetry Library, African American history and culture, southern history and culture, and political and social movements.
Fellowship applications are required to submit a research plan and are evaluated on the following criteria:
- the qualifications of the candidate
- a clearly articulated research topic
- a demonstrated understanding of the research materials available in the Rose Library to support their work
Equal weight is given to each of these three aspects in determining the final priority rating.
- This fellowship has a value of $250 to $1,250.
- A minimum residency of 5 business days is required.
- All fellows will be required to submit a report of their experiences and work within the archive for the Rose Library's Following the Fellows blog.
- All fellows are paid their award money 4–6 weeks after completion of their visit.
End: February 28, 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Attribution must provide author name, article title, Perspectives on History, date of publication, and a link to this page. This license applies only to the article, not to text or images used here by permission.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.