Announcing the 130th AHA Annual Meeting
Join us in Atlanta on January 7-10, 2016, for the 130th AHA annual meeting: four days of the latest scholarship, professional development, and unparalleled networking opportunities for historians of all fields and professions. Register now to take advantage of discounted registration rates before they increase on December 19. The AHA has negotiated substantially discounted hotel rates, so take this opportunity to enjoy the variety offered by both the meeting and the city.
The meeting this year offers an enormous variety of sessions, workshops, and other events. View a full conference program online. Members can expect to receive a paper copy in the mail in November; nonmembers will receive a paper copy upon check-in at the meeting. Here are just a few highlights you’ll find in the schedule:
- High quality sessions that cover a vast range of research topics, teaching issues, and professional concerns in the discipline, including many organized by AHA affiliated societies
- An even larger poster session featuring projects in a wide range of areas
- A variety of breakfasts, lunches, and receptions that offer the chance to meet other historians from all fields and professions
- A career fair to learn about the variety of jobs open to historians
- Workshops on getting started in digital history, using assignments with undergraduate students, and teaching the Long Civil Rights Movement in the K-12 classroom
Members can register by logging in and clicking the link to “Continue to 2016 Member Registration.” Nonmembers can join the AHA now to receive discounted registration member rates, or register for the meeting by logging in as a nonmember and clicking the link to “Continue to 2016 Nonmember Registration.” If you do not have a nonmember account, create one and then log in to register for the meeting.
Discounted meeting rates for hotel rooms are also available in limited numbers for three days before and after the meeting. Consider coming early or staying after the meeting to conduct research or explore the city. Please note, however, that you cannot reserve a hotel room until you register for the meeting. Once you have completed registration, you will receive an e-mail acknowledgement with information about making a hotel reservation. Check the Hotels & Travel page or your registration confirmation e-mail for the most up-to-date housing information.
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Tags: AHA Today 2016 Annual Meeting
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.