2009 AHA Election Results
Laura Ackerman Smoller (Univ. of Arkansas at Little Rock), chair of the Nominating Committee, announces the following results of the 2009 balloting for officers and committee members of the American Historical Association.
- Barbara D. Metcalf (Univ. of California at Davis, emerita)
- Anthony T. Grafton (Princeton Univ.)
Vice-President, Teaching Division
- Patricia Nelson Limerick (Univ. of Colorado at Boulder)
- Laura Isabel Serna (Florida State Univ.)
- Thomas J. Sugrue (Univ. of Pennsylvania)
- Cheryll Ann Cody (Southwest Coll., Houston Community Coll.)
Committee on Committees
- Jorge Cañizares-Esguerra (Univ. of Texas at Austin)
- Position 1: Jan Ellen Lewis (Rutgers Univ.-Newark)
- Position 2: K. Page Herrlinger (Bowdoin Coll.)
- Position 3: Julia Adeney Thomas (Univ. of Notre Dame)
The results will be formally announced at the annual business meeting in San Diego, Saturday, January 9, 2010, in Elizabeth Ballroom H of the Manchester Grand Hyatt beginning at 4:45 p.m. The elected officers and committee members will assume their offices on January 11, 2010. A more detailed report about the election will appear in the January 2010 issue of Perspectives on History.
Tags: AHA Activities
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.