On Our Way to the Annual Meeting
While your holidays may just be winding down, many AHA staff members are already on their way to New York to prepare for the 123rd Annual Meeting. It begins this Friday, January 2 and concludes on Monday, January 5, with events scheduled in the Hilton New York (headquarters) and Sheraton New York (co-headquarters).
During the Annual Meeting, posts on AHA Today will cover meeting highlights and news. Check in each morning, Friday through Monday, to see a selective overview of sessions and events for the day.
AHA Today will resume posting on Friday with the start of the meeting. Until then, those who are attending may want to check out the online version of the meeting Program to plan out which sessions, events, and receptions they’d like to go to. Also, read up on the precirculated papers available for a number of sessions at the meeting. Or, visit these articles and resources:
Check out the Supplement to the 123rd Annual Meeting online. The articles are too numerous to post links to them all here and cover a variety of topics. Here are a few highlights.
- Sessions and Events – Read up on the National History Education Clearing House Workshop, peruse what may be of interest to public historians, note these teaching sessions, and check out some themes in the Annual Meeting program.
- New York, New York
You’ve got to eat, so check out a local’s restaurant suggestions, some Chinese restaurants, and perhaps the grad students’ go to: cheap eats in the city. Bringing the kids? Find out what New York has to offer children. A number of articles suggest places to tour, including burial sites and cemeteries, Ground Zero and lower Manhattan, and the Eleanor Roosevelt statue in Riverside Park.
Interviewing at the meeting? Don’t Panic! And review the AHA Guide to the Hiring Process.
Perspectives on History
- Highlights of the 123rd Annual Meeting
- Researching in the City That Never Sleeps
- Presidential Sessions at the 123rd Annual Meeting
- Awards and Honors to be Conferred at the 123rd Annual Meeting
- Resolution for the January 2009 Business Meeting
From the Blog
- “Election 2008: How ’Historic’ Was It?” and Other Late Sessions
- Free Wireless Internet in New York
- HistoriansTV at the 123rd Annual Meeting
We hope to see you at the meeting!
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Tags: AHA Today Annual Meeting through 2010
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.