Volume 36, Number 8
Contents of the online edition
Editor: Robert B. Townsend
Managing Editor: Pillarisetti Sudhir
Assistant Editor: Susan W. Gillespie
From the President's Desk
- Your Vote—It Makes a Difference
by Joseph C. Miller
From the Director's Desk
- Research in the Future: Creating, Disseminating, and Evaluating New Knowledge
by Sandria B. Freitag
Contributing Editor: David Trask
- Teaching the Vietnam War with the Greeks
by Lawrence A. Tritle
- Conference Report on "The Next Social History: Practicing Space, Time, and Place"
by Geoffrey Klingsporn, Cathleen Cahill, Rebekah Mergenthal, and Andrew K. Sandoval-Strausz
1999 Annual Meeting
- Have You Made Your Arrangements for the 1999 Annual Meting?
- Highlights of the 1999 Annual Meeting
- What to Do in Washington D.C.
- Program Committee Chairs Report on the 1999 Meeting
by John Voll and Gary Kulik
- Dilemmas in Teaching African American History
by Robert L. Harris Jr.