Sunday Overview – 124th Annual Meeting
It’s the final day of the 124th Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association, but there are still dozens of sessions and events left. Also, make sure you hit the Exhibit Hall by the closing time of noon today. And while you’re here in San Diego, take some time to take in a few points of interest. Continue reading to find out a few things you may have missed and should check out.
Locations and Times
- The Job Center is located in the Marriott’s Marriott Hall on the lobby level and is open today from 9:00 am–noon. (Admission to the Job Center requires an AHA registration badge).
- The Exhibit Hall is located in the Hyatt’s Douglas Pavilion and will be open today from 9:00 am–noon. (Admission to the Exhibit Hall requires an AHA registration badge)
- Mormonism and National Politics
8:30-10:30 am, Manchester Ballroom A (Hyatt)
- Education Accreditation, Teacher Certification, and the Role of History Education in the University History Department
8:30-10:30 am, San Diego Ballroom Salon A (Marriott)
- Assessing Resources: Analysis and Comment on EDSITEment Lessons in the High School and Undergraduate Classrooms
8:30-10:30 am, Elizabeth Ballroom E (Hyatt)
- Water and Conflict: The Politics of Water Use and Abuse
8:30-10:30 am, Santa Rosa Room (Marriott)
Events of the AHA Working Group for Historical Perspectives on Same-Sex Marriage
Today there is one last session from the”Historical Perspectives on Same-Sex Marriage” miniconference: Thinking about Race, Sexuality, and Marriage: A Roundtable on Peggy Pascoe’s What Comes Naturally from 8:30-10:30 am in the Hyatt’s Manchester Ballroom D.
San Diego Points of Interest
The Local Arrangements Committee put together a great set of articles for the Supplement to the 124th Annual Meeting. Check out their recommendations on sites of maritime history (plus a discounted admission to the Maritime Museum of San Diego), where to eat (along with where to eat cheaply and where to drink), the mission trail, and much more.
Also check out this online list of dozens of San Diego destinations that was featured in the print Program of the 124th Annual Meeting (pg. 13).
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Tags: AHA Today Annual Meeting through 2010
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.