Session of the Week: Careers in History
History majors have diverse job options outside of academia. Learn from history professionals in a range of fields in session 3, Careers in History: The Variety of the Profession. This roundtable session, sponsored by the Graduate and Early Career Committee, brings together historians who work in preservation, documentary editing, museums, archives, and the military to speak about both specific aspects of their jobs as well as general advice for job seekers.
Careers in History: The Variety of the Profession
AHA Session 3
Thursday, January 6, 2011: 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
Room 302 (Hynes Convention Center)
Chair: Aaron W. Marrs, Office of the Historian, U.S. Department of State
- Kevin Allen, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Robert B. Kane, U.S. Air Force
- Steven Luckert, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Nicholas Evan Sarantakes, U.S. Naval War College
- C. James Taylor, Papers of John Adams, Massachusetts Historical Society
- Megan Sniffin-Marinoff, Harvard University Archives
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Tags: AHA Today 2011 Annual Meeting
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.