Latest News from the National Coalition for History
The National Coalition for History has posted quite a number of updates from Washington recently. Visit the NCH news archives for all past posts, and check out the links below for the latest advocacy issues. To keep up to date in the future sign up for the NCH e-mail newsletter, or grab their RSS feed.
- Williams Named Executive Director of NHPRC
- Bosanko Named Director of Information Security Oversight Office
- NARA Names New Director of Eisenhower Presidential Library
- National Park Service Fills Two Senior Posts
National Archives and Records Administration
- NARA Clarifies Decision Not to “Harvest” Federal Agency Websites
- NARA & CIA Reach Agreement on Release of Federal Records
Library of Congress, Smithsonian, NPS, and EPA
- Library of Congress and “History” Announce Multimedia Partnership
- Library of Congress Lowers Age Limit for Main Reading Room
- Smithsonian African American History Museum Receives $5M Donation from Boeing
- NPS Awards Initial Centennial Initiative Grants
- EPA Releases Plan for Restoring Library System
Congress and Government News
- House Panel Holds Hearing on Preservation of Electronic Federal Records
- “Orphan Works” Legislation Introduced in the House and Senate
- Senate Judiciary Panel Passes “State Secrets Protection Act”
- NCH Calls for Public Comment on SBU Guidance
- State Department History Advisory Committee to Meet June 2-3
- CIA Issues Proposed Rule Reforming FOIA Practices
This post first appeared on AHA Today.
Please read our commenting and letters policy before submitting.