Submitting a Proposal
Theme for the 2017 Annual Meeting: Historical Scale: Linking Levels of Experience
- Call for Proposals for the 131st annual meeting in 2017
- AHA Annual Meeting Guidelines (revised and approved by the AHA Council, September 25, 2015)
- Submit a Proposal (online only)
- The deadline for submitting proposals was 11:59 p.m. PST, February 15, 2016 (07:59 GMT, February 15, 2016). If you encounter technical difficulties over the weekend, please e-mail technical support. All data entry issues reported before the deadline will be resolved.
Historians from the United States appearing on the program are required to be AHA members. Everyone on the program must register for the meeting when registration opens in the fall.
Before submitting a proposal online, session organizers should collect the following information, which will be needed to submit a complete proposal:
- Session title (of no more than 20 words)
- Session abstract (up to 500 words)
- Paper or presentation titles
- Abstract or description for each presentation (up to 300 words)
- Biographical paragraph or CV summary (up to 250 words) for each participant
- Correct e-mail address for each participant
- Affiliation, city, state, and country for each participant
- Chair (required) and commentator (optional) for the session
- Audiovisual needs, if any
- Are the participants willing to entertain requests from the press to record the session?
- Professional Twitter handle for each participant (optional)
- Website for each participant (optional)
Organizers submitting multi-session workshops will also be required to submit a brief description of the overall purpose and goals of the workshop. Organizers submitting experimental sessions will be asked to submit a 75-word description of the session format.
Organizers submitting poster proposals will need:
- Poster title
- Abstract of poster (up to 500 words)
- Biographical paragraph or CV summary (up to 250 words)
For detailed instructions and advice about using the online proposal system, consult the Frequently Asked Questions about the Submission of Proposals. See here for advice on crafting an effective panel proposal. Questions about policies, modes of presentation, and the electronic submissions process should be directed to the AHA staff.
To help members find sessions of interest, the online program for the 2016 annual meeting will include links to the abstracts for sessions and presentations entered into the electronic proposal system. The first two sentences of the abstract will appear in the annual meeting app. Abstracts will be published as submitted to the Program Committee; individuals will not have the opportunity to edit abstracts after the February 15 proposal deadline. Please enter and review the information with that in mind.