Teaching History to Undergraduates
- Internationalizing Student Learning Outcomes in History: A Report to the American Council on Education
- Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Reconceptualizing the Introductory Survey Course. This web project offers historians models for how to use digitized primary sources in survey courses in World History and the History of the Americas. This project was funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Liberal Learning and the History Major, Revised and produced by the Teaching Division of the AHA, 2007
- Portfolio Assessment for History Majors: One Department's Journey, by Susan Leighow Meo
- Power Tools for Teaching and Learning at an Urban Access University, by José Cuello (154k)
- Using Primary Sources on the Web, written by the Instruction & Research Services Committee of the Reference and User Service Association, History Section, in the American Library Association
- For examples of undergraduate history standards and student outcomes see: Quality in Undergraduate Education (QUE) website under Disciplinary Standards.
- AHA Statement on Excellent Classroom Teaching of History by David Trask
- Digital History Reader