Submitting Proposals for the 2009 Meeting
Debbie Ann Doyle, September 2007
All submissions for the 2009 annual meeting must be submitted electronically via a link that will be posted online at www.historians.org/annual/proposals.htm later this fall. Please note that there may be delays as we work with the contractor to troubleshoot and ensure that the system is as reliable and user-friendly as possible.
Step-by-step instructions on the dedicated web pages will guide session organizers as well as individuals submitting poster proposals through the submission process.
Before going online, session organizers should collect the following information, which will be needed to submit a complete proposal:
- Session title (of no more than 20 words)
- Session abstract (up to 500 words)
- Paper or presentation titles
- Abstract or description for each presentation (up to 300 words)
- Biographical paragraph or c.v. summary (up to 250 words) for each participant
- Correct mailing and e-mail address for each participant
- Chair (required) and commentator (optional) for the session
- Audiovisual needs, if any
Individuals submitting poster proposals will need:
- Poster title
- Abstract of poster (up to 500 words)
- Biographical paragraph or c.v. summary (up to 250 words)
Organizers will be prompted to select subject keywords and the region and historical time period that best describe the proposal from a pull-down menu.
It is extremely important that organizers follow the instructions carefully in order to prevent errors. Organizers will be able to modify proposals up to midnight, PST, on February 15, 2008.
—Debbie Ann Doyle