How Shall Lend-Lease Accounts Be Settled?
By Horace Taylor,
Professor of Economics, Columbia University
Did the Idea of Lend-Lease Get Started? And Why?
- Where did lend-lease start?
- Where was the fire?
- Could we feel the heat over here?
- The hour of decision
- How to aid friends and hit Nazis
- Why couldn’t Britain pay?
- Should we be democracy’s arsenal?
the Idea Turned into the Law of the Land?
- Was lend-lease fully debated?
- Arguments of its supporters
- Why did the Army favor it?
- Arguments of its opponents
of What Goods Have We Sent to Which Allies?
- What were the first results?
- Lend-lease after Pearl Harbor
- What’s our rate of aid now?
- A few facts and figures
- What’s been lend-leased and where?
- What’s the breakdown?
Help Do We Get Via Reverse Lend-Lease?
- What kind of bundles from Britain?
- Reverse lend-lease in the Pacific
- The Burma-India Theater
Have Been Made against Lend-Lease?
- How much is our fair share?
- What do we get out of it?
- Is our sacrifice too heavy?
- Have errors been made?
- What does the record show?
- What is fact and what is fiction?
- Are our allies ungrateful?
- Are they chiseling on us?
Should Govern the Final Settlement?
- What do the people think?
- Can the books be balanced?
- What is equality of sacrifice?
- How do we stand in lives lost?
- Shall we count only the dollars?
- Is lend-lease a path to peace?
- Is it a portal to prosperity?
Some of the Concrete Problems to Be Faced?
- What about lend-lease leftovers?
- What about capital goods?
- Strategic bases and materials
- Questions for discussion
for Further Reading