Shall I Take Up Farming?
By Anthony Netboy, Editorial Staff, Department of Agriculture,
Everett E. Edward, Historian, Deptartment of Agriculture
Are There Good
Reasons for Being a Farmer?
- Do farmers eat better?
- Do farmers have better health?
- Do farmers enjoy their work more?
- Is family life better on the farm?
- Do farmers earn less than city folk?
What Does It
Take to Be a Successful Farmer?
- How do you select a farm?
- What are some general questions to consider?
- What does it cost to get started?
Where Can the Money Be
How Does Tenant Farming
- How Much Rent Is Right?
- Is A Long-Term Or Short-Term Lease Better?
What Are The Lessons From
The Last War?
- Was The Prosperity Permanent?
- What Happened to the Farmers?
- What Did the Federal Government Do?
Is World War II Bringing
the Same Result?
- What Will Follow This War —Boom or Depression?
- Will Acreage in Cultivation Decline?
Where Will New Farm Lands
Will There Be Postwar Surpluses?
- Use your ingenuity
- Practical ideas
- Questions for discussion
For Further Reading