Submitting a Proposal
Theme for the 2014 Annual Meeting: Disagreement, Debate, Discussion
- Call for Proposals for the 128th Annual Meeting in 2014
- AHA Annual Meeting Guidelines (Revised and approved by the AHA Council, June 5, 2011)
- The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2014 meeting (February 15, 2013) has passed.
- The Program Committee sent notifications to all session organizers on May 6, 2013. If you are a session organizer and have not heard from the Program Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a panelist, please contact the session organizer.
- Session title (of no more than 20 words)
- Session abstract (up to 500 words)
- Paper or presentation titles
- Abstract or description for each presentation (up to 300 words)
- Biographical paragraph or c.v. summary (up to 250 words) for each participant
- Correct e-mail address for each participant
- Affiliation, city, state, and country for each participant
- Chair (required) and commentator (optional) for the session
- Audiovisual needs, if any
- Poster title
- Abstract of poster (up to 500 words)
- Biographical paragraph or c.v. summary (up to 250 words)
Before submitting a proposal online, session organizers should collect the following information, which will be needed to submit a complete proposal:
Organizers submitting multi-session workshops will also be required to submit a brief description of the overall purpose and goals of the workshop. Organizers submitting experimental sessions will be asked to submit a 75-word description of the session format.
Organizers submitting poster proposals will need:
For detailed instructions and advice about using the online proposal system, consult the Instructions for Submission of Proposals.
To help members find sessions of interest, the online program for the 2014 annual meeting will include links to the abstracts for sessions and presentations entered into the electronic proposal system. Abstracts will be published as submitted to the Program Committee; individuals will not have the opportunity to edit abstracts after the February 15 proposal deadline. Please enter and review the information with that in mind.
Last Updated: May 6, 2013 5:19 PM