Atlanta, January 7-10, 2016
Important Dates & Deadlines
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2016 annual meeting has passed. The deadline for proposals for the 2017 annual meeting will be February 15, 2016.
- Late April: The Program Committee will notify submitters of its decisions.
- Summer: Program participants will receive an email with the date, time, and hotel assignment of their sessions, as well as a proof of the sessions as they will appear in the printed program.
- Mid-September: Registration opens.
- Mid-September: Housing opens.
- Mid-September: Child-care grant application period opens.
- Late September: Deadline to submit membership dues and address changes in order to receive the program in the mail.
AHA 2015 in the News
The 129th annual meeting triggered a flurry of articles about AHA sessions, affiliate meetings, and the AHA business meeting. AHA Today hosted a series of guest blog posts from annual meeting attendees, and AHA staff reflected on the meeting in the February and March issues of Perspectives.
Poster sessions provide a unique way for historians to present their work in an engaging and visual format. We've compiled a range of sources on the benefits of presenting a poster, howe the format works, and how to craft an effective poster.
Videos from AHA 2015
The AHA's Annual Meeting is a great place to hear about the latest in historical scholarship and practice. Our sessions focus on many different topics, from the histories of places and periods to the uses of history itself in a wide variety of venues. Nearly 300 sessions were held at the 2015 meeting in New York. Several of these sessions were recorded, and we have posted them online for your reference. These videos should be helpful for future session organizers or those who were unable to attend the meeting. We also recorded panels that might be suitable for use in a classroom.
Photos from AHA 2015
Check out our Facebook album, tag yourself and your friends, and feel free to comment and reminisce about your experiences at the annual meeting.