New York City, January 2-5, 2015
Important Dates & Deadlines
- 11/1: Child-care grant application period closes at 11:59 p.m.
- 11/12: Program mailed to members.
- 11/14: First deadline for reserving a Job Center table or room; space on the waiting list will be released.
- 12/10: Housing cutoff date for all hotels. Subsequent reservations taken on a space-available basis at the convention rate for the nights of January 2-5, inclusive.
- 12/12: Deadline for Job Center refund requests.
- 12/19: Last day for pre-registration pricing.
- 12/19: Deadline to submit registration refund requests.
Free WiFi at the Annual Meeting
The AHA will be providing FREE WiFi access during the annual meeting. Use Twitter (#AHA2015) and other social media to engage in discussion and commentary throughout the meeting. The FREE service will be available from 12:00 p.m. January 2 through 1:00 p.m. January 5 in the meeting rooms and the public areas of the Hilton and the Sheraton, including the lobby, the Job Center, the Exhibit Hall, and all floors with meeting rooms. Login information will be posted in each hotel. Attendees staying at the Manhattan at Times Square also receive free WiFi access for up to four devices in their hotel rooms.
2015 Career Fair: Mentors Needed!
Sunday, January 4
New York Hilton, Americas Hall II
Mentors Needed! Fill out the form on the Job Center page. The Career Fair introduces job candidates and students to mentors from various career paths. Mentors will provide informational interviews and guidance in the transition from history studies to a history career.
Sneak Peak: 2015 NYC Tours
The Local Arrangements Committee has organized a series of tours highlighting the historical resources of New York. Sign up when you register for some fascinating tours!
K-12 Sessions of Interest
We have an exciting and inspiring program of events at the annual meeting specifically for K-12 educators. There are panels, workshops, roundtables and presentations. Be inspired by new teaching strategies and approaches, network with your peers, share best practices, and discuss topics of common interest. The varied sessions cover a number of curriculum topics of use to all.