Child-Care Grants for the 2016 Annual Meeting
The Association will offer 10 grants of up to $250 USD to assist AHA members who have child-care costs during the meeting. The grants are intended to help offset the cost of child care, enabling attendees with dependent children to attend the meeting.
Eligibility and Terms
History graduate students, adjuncts, and historians looking for a job are eligible; priority will go to those who are on the program and/or who are interviewing at the meeting.
- Only one parent of a child or children may apply for a grant.
- Allowable expenses include babysitters (on-site at the conference location or child care at home) and airfare/hotel costs for a caregiver to accompany the child to the annual meeting location.
- Not eligible for reimbursement are meals, on-site transportation, and tickets to museums and other attractions, as well as child-care expenses (nanny, babysitter, after-school care) not related to attendance at the meeting.
- Child-care funds cannot be used to fund travel or other expenses related to the attendee's participation in the meeting (including meeting registration or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting).
- Funds cannot be used for travel expenses for the child or children.
Reimbursements will be distributed following the annual meeting. Each recipient will complete an AHA reimbursement form (distributed with the award notification e-mail) and submit it with original receipts to the AHA office at the address noted on the reimbursement form.
Reimbursement may be requested for eligible expenses up to the maximum amount of the grant. Expenses in excess of the award amount must be borne by the individual recipient. No funds can be distributed prior to the conclusion of the annual meeting, and no funds are distributed on-site at the meeting.
The application period is from about September 15 through November 1. AHA members planning to attend the meeting can apply for a grant by completing and submitting the application form no later than 11:59 p.m. on November 1, 2015.
There is a limited number of grants, so the AHA may not be able to meet the needs of all applicants. All applicants will be notified no later than November 15, 2015.
Applicants with questions can send them via e-mail to email@example.com.