Checklist and Cover Sheet for Panel, Paper, and Poster Proposals for the 1999 Annual Meeting
Please type or print legibly.
Attach four collated and stapled copies of
1. this cover sheet (or a clear photocopy);
2. a one-page summary of the panel theme, describing the theme and each paper;
3. a statement about whether or how the panel addresses issues related to teaching (see point number seven in the Program Committee Guidelines, page 38 of this issue of Perspectives);
4. one-page abstracts of each presentation, which (a) indicate the argument, sources, and methodology of the paper, and (b) situate the presentation historiographically;
5. short c.v. for the chair, panelists, and commentator; and
6. a list of participants' names, addresses, and telephone and fax numbers, and where possible, e-mail addresses. Make sure to include summer 1998 contact information for all session participants.
Mail to John Voll, 1999 Program Committee Chair, Dept. of History, Georgetown
37th and O Sts., NW, Washington, DC 20057. Fax and electronic submissions will not be accepted. Deadlines are October 31, 1997, and February 13, 1998.
Contact Person's Name:
Chair's Name* and Affiliation:
1. Presenter's Name and Affiliation:
2. Presenter's Name and Affiliation:
3. Presenter's Name and Affiliation:
Commentator's Name* and Affiliation:
Did any of the panelists appear in the 1998 AHA conference program in a numbered event (for example, as a commentator, paper presenter, or roundtable discussant)? _____Yes ____No. If so, they are disqualified from participating in the 1999 conference. Participation in an affiliated society's event does not count for exclusion. It is the panel organizer's responsibility to ensure that the proposed panelists are eligible.
Are all participants currently AHA members? _____Yes _____No. To appear on the 1999 program, they must be or become members (foreign scholars and colleagues from other disciplines are excepted).
*Chair and commentator should be different persons.
Copyright © American Historical AssociationLast Updated: February 19, 2008 3:29 PM